Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

COVERGIRL VoxBox!

Thanks Influenster for choosing me to receive the COVERGIRL VoxBox! The box included a complimentary Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara for me to test.


More after the break!



The mascara claims that it provides "full, voluminous lashes that are still soft." It comes with a molded brush with short and long bristles, as well as a detailing tip that it claims "allows you to build volume and reach those hard-to-get lashes, while keeping lashes soft and flexible - never wet." It also states that the formula resists flaking. 





After testing the mascara for a day, I found that the formula lived up to its flake-resistant claim. I like the brush, it separated my lashes and I didn't have any clumping issues (which is close to miraculous because my lashes naturally sit super tightly together). I also like the detailing tip, although I had to wipe the excess mascara off before I used it or else it distributes clumps on the lash - but this is typical. Once I wiped off the excess it was a useful addition to the brush and I used it to brush out those tiny lashes on the corners of my eye. I also found that the "never wet" claim was true for me, the formula set softly and when I wiped my finger against my lashes there was only a slight transfer of formula. With wetter formulas I typically have to worry about the mascara transferring onto my lid from the tip of my lash because of their length but I had no issues with this. 


I applied the mascara to my top and bottom lashes with one coat. The formula lengthened, separated and added volume. I tested the buildable claim by going back to the top lashes after finishing my bottom set and I had no issues brushing through and adding more volume. At the end of the day, the formula was still soft to the touch, and kept my lashes looking full and long. 

I had my eye on this mascara when it came out so I was happy to receive it complimentary from Influenster. I enjoyed this product and will definitely be adding it to my regular rotation!

xoxo Kelsey

No comments: